Welfare advice

If you are worried about money and think you are entitled to claiming benefits or are experiencing issues with your current claim, you can contact us and we can refer you to a service that can help you.

You can check out the government's website for more information on eligibility.


Universal Credit

You may have seen recently that the welfare system and how it is facilitated is undergoing changes. Universal Credit has now been implemented to replace legacy benefits and provides claimants with a single payment.

All Housing Benefit claimants will be migrating over to Universal Credit.  DWP have launched a new guide 'Universal Credit and You' which gives an introduction to UC for people who are claiming it.  It covers lots of useful information for both claimants and support staff.

Universal Credit has undergone some changes and as of January 2015 Jobseekers with children (familes) can now make new claims. Only specific groups of jobseekers are able to claim Universal Credit. See the attached information leaflet for further details.

If you are going to be affected by Universal Credit, you can talk to your Housing Officer or local Job Centre Plus for help.