Are you dealing with damp and mould?
It’s important to let us know if you have damp and mould in your home. Between us we will identify the root cause/s and work together to resolve it. Damp and mould can have a range of causes and might be related to the fabric of the building, damage to pipes, drains or guttering, or poor ventilation. Whatever the cause, Albyn will work with you to resolve the issue. Mould is a type of fungus which is usually black in colour. It is caused by damp and grows in our homes due to moisture, condensation, and wet surfaces. Mould can lead to health problems, particularly if you have asthma or other underlying health issues. In addition, damp homes are harder to heat. Reporting concerns will allow us to work together to investigate what is causing the issue and deal with it correctly.
How to report damp and mould?
If you have an issue with damp, mould or condensation in your home please read our Damp and Mould Leaflet linked below for guidance on types of mould and how to report it.
Once we have received a report of damp or mould, we will do some work to identify the cause and extent of the problem, we will then:
• Raise any repairs that you think may be the cause
• Provide you with a humidity sensor to track temperature and humidity levels (guidance will be provided in written form and on our website)
• Ask you to monitor this for 6 weeks and we’ll be back in touch regularly to see how things are going
• If things aren’t getting better after 6 weeks (or if it gets worse in the meantime), we’ll send out a technical officer to carry out a full survey of your home
• If we think the problems are caused by the building, we’ll arrange for them to be fixed
• We may also advise if we think there’s some things you can do to help
• We’ll give you a call every 6 weeks to check how things are going until you're happy the problem is resolved.