Homelessness advice

Becoming homeless is a very difficult and stressful time.

The Highland Council’s Housing Options Teams can offer you help and advice if you are homeless or are in a potentially homeless situation.

You should contact the Highland Council for a homeless assessment. If you are awarded homeless status, your housing application will be amended and you will be considered for housing by social landlords within the HHR.

You can get further advice from Shelter Scotland and Citizens Advice Scotland.

I’ve got nowhere to stay tonight

If you do not have anywhere to stay, you should contact the Highland Council for help. If you are staying with friends and family, the Council will work with you to resolve your housing problems and do everything it can to prevent you from becoming homeless.

Albyn Housing cannot offer you temporary accommodation.

Visit the Highland Council website for more information on homelessness and how to contact the Housing Options team