17 December 2021
We want to reassure you that we aim to deliver the best possible services in the current COVID-19 outbreak. In these highly unusual times, our foremost concerns are the health and safety of our customers, families, staff, and contractors/suppliers.
As you will be aware, there is concerns surrounding the surge in cases of coronavirus linked to the Omicron variant. The Omicron variant has led to infections doubling every two to three days and we have reviewed how we continue to safely deliver services to you.
So that we continue to put everybody’s safety first, the Society continues to follow the Scottish Government guidance.
Our offices currently remain closed to the public and all face-to-face visits by Albyn staff are currently suspended unless they are of an emergency nature.
We do need your help and co-operation in managing and reducing contact with others. We ask that during this surge in cases that you consider only reporting repairs that are genuine emergencies this will allow us to limit contact between us. If you do have a repair that cannot wait, then you will be asked questions relating to COVID-19 safety.
- The following precautions are in place for our contractors who act on our behalf to carry out repairs in your home and the following measures apply:
- Workers should take a Lateral Flow Device test (LFD) on the day prior to entering homes.
- Householders should also take an LFD test prior to the visit.
- Contractors and staff should not enter homes where anyone is self-isolating, unless the work is essential or an emergency.
- Risk assessments should take COVID-19 into account – COVID-19 standard questionnaire completed and advised of at the time of reporting your repair.
- Contractors should wear a face covering, especially when moving through the home.
- Ventilation of the home or workspace should be maximised – we will ask customers to open a window whilst present.
- Workers should try to keep a reasonable distance from individuals in the household (we ask our contractors and tenants to observe the 2m rule).
- Consider relevant guidance when travelling to/from the work location for any geographical restrictions.
Your patience whilst we work towards keeping everyone safe is appreciated.
Interim Director of Customer Services