Money, Debt and Energy Advice

Are you worried about money? Struggling with debt? Electricity or gas costing too much?

Free, confidential advice and support is available to Albyn tenants facing challenges with debt, budgeting and fuel bills. These services can be provided in your home, an Albyn office or at the advice provider’s premises.

Money advice is available through a partnership with Inverness Citizens Advice Bureau, The Highland Council Money Advice Team and Pulteneytown People’s Project. They can help you to:

  •   manage debts
  •   budget effectively
  •   decide what type of financial products are right for you (and avoid  some of the pitfalls!)
  •   maximise income from benefits

Energy advice is provided by Pentland Energy Advice. They will advise about the best ways to:

  •   operate heating systems efficiently
  •   reduce energy use
  •   access the best fuel tariffs

Tenants affected by benefit changes or other financial challenges which are making current housing less suitable can also access help finding alternative suitable accommodation.

The Highland Council has also produced a helpful guide to benefits, money advice, energy advice and other support: Highland Council Guide 

To find out more and to access these services, contact us or contact your local advice provider directly:

Money Advice

Inverness, Badenoch & Strathspey
Inverness Citizen’s Advice Bureau: 01463 252291

Ross-shire and Nairn
The Highland Council Welfare Support Team: 0800 090 1004

Caithness and Sutherland
Pulteneytown People’s Project: 01955 608530

Energy Advice

All tenants
Pentland Energy Advice: 01847 807118

These services are available thanks to funding awards from the Big Lottery Fund and the Scottish Legal Aid Board.