Estates Surveyor / Assistant Estates Surveyor (AMI46)
Estates Surveyor/ Assistant Estates Surveyor (AMI46)
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,296-£38,759 Grade E1-E4
Location: Invergordon/remote working
Graduate surveyors who are not fully qualified would be considered for the post at Assistant Grade level £26,527-£29,480 Grade G
Albyn Housing Society Limited serves an ever-growing number of communities in the Highlands, providing good quality, affordable housing for thousands of people across the region.
Since its inception in 1973, the Society has listened to the views of its customers, local government, communities, and businesses in meeting housing needs in the Highlands.
Albyn Housing Society are currently trialling a hybrid working model we are referring to as ‘Hub, Home and Roam.’
- ‘Hub’ means you can still see colleagues face-to-face
- ‘Home’ is about how we have shown we can be productive and efficient when working remotely
- ‘Roam’ is about offering community-based service delivery, meeting customers, and visiting them in their homes or local communities
This role will require the post holder to work in a hybrid working way.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, organised, and creative individual to join the Albyn Housing Group.
This is a new post to work alongside the Estates and Development Manager.
You will be responsible for the day-day management of Albyn’s portfolio of property/land interests and responsibilities, including the creation and maintenance of accurate records, managing, and responding to internal and external stakeholders’ enquiries, and advising and influencing the ongoing and future management of the portfolio to ensure good levels of governance and portfolio efficiencies are achieved.
- To create and maintain a Land terrier for Albyn
- To manage acquisitions and disposal programmes
- To manage Albyn’s leased portfolio, both as landlord and tenant
- To support Albyn’s corporate funding and property valuation requirements
- To attend to queries and provide advice in relation to Albyn’s property/land interests, liabilities, and responsibilities
- To contribute to delivering professional services
- About You
- Educated to at least degree in property, law, or surveying
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- You must be an excellent communicator who enjoys working with people and can communicate effectively with staff, tenants, and stakeholders.
- Experienced in negotiation skills
- Good ICT skills
- Experience in general practice, legal matters relating to land
- Knowledge and understanding of land ownership and property interests
- Knowledge of Public procurement legislation and policy
What we are offering:
Albyn offers a supportive and friendly environment where our people are valued and appreciated and are rewarded:
- Competitive salary
- Employee benefit discounts
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Health and Wellbeing support service
- Family friendly policies
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Albyn Housing Society sick pay scheme
- Car Allowance
An application pack can be downloaded below or to have this e-mailed please contact email@example.com
For further information, please contact Sean Currie on 07712 140865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is noon on Friday 15th July 2022