We believe that our customers are central to our business. Our customers are people who live in our homes or neighbourhoods or who have applied to live in them.
Our main aims are to make sure that:
- our everyday business is built around meeting our customers’ needs;
- we provide the highest standards of service possible with the resources available to us;
- everybody can have a say about what we do; and
- we are accountable to people who use our services.
We will meet our aims by achieving the following standards.
- We will routinely identify our customers’ needs and provide services that meet those needs.
- We will regularly ask you for your views on our services.
- We will make it easy for you to give us your comments and complaints.
- We will listen to your feedback, pass it on to the right people, and take it into account when we make decisions.
- Our staff will be polite and treat you with respect. (We expect the same from you.)
- We will keep to all laws and best practices that are relevant to our services.
We will develop policies and procedures that meet the aims and standards set out above. We will develop an action plan and service promises to make sure we meet our aims and standards. We will make sure that all our staff and the board members know their obligations, take responsibility for meeting them, and have the training and resources they need to do so.
Our service promises to you
We aim to provide the best possible customer service at all times. To help us do this, we have set ourselves standards in eight main areas. These are our ‘service promises’. They let you know what you can expect from us. Below is a shortened version of our ‘service promises’, If you would like a detailed version, please contact the main office, or find it on our website
We will make sure that everybody has full access to our houses and services where possible.
Keeping in touch
We will set standards and time limits for handling your enquiries.
Rent and service charges
We will keep you informed and take action quickly.
Repairs and maintenance
We will set and check standards, act on your feedback, and offer advice.
Offering new tenancies and transfers
We will make it clear how we offer properties, make sure you know about other housing options, and rent out our empty homes as quickly as possible.
Supporting our communities
We will respond to complaints quickly, and work with community groups and other organisations.
Keeping you informed and involved
We will offer you more ways to be involved and make it easier for you to let us know what you think.
Complaints and appeals
We will make it easier for you to understand our complaints procedure and make sure you know how to make a complaint.
What we expect from you
We expect you to be polite, let us in to your home to carry out repairs, let us know about any problems you have, respond to our letters, respect your community, and know what your responsibilities and rights are as a tenant.