Housing Benefit

Many tenants are eligible for help with their rent through Housing Benefit.

Even if you have applied unsuccessfully before, it is always worth trying again, particularly if you receive tax credits.

You can get a claim form from us, from any of the Highland Council service points or download a copy here.

If you claim benefit and your circumstances change, for example, if you start work or someone moves into or out of your home, you must tell the Highland Council. Failure to do so could result in a housing benefit overpayment leading to rent arrears which we will recover from you.

Was this information helpful?