Fire at Society Property

Tuesday 17 April 2018

In the early hours of this morning (17 April) a fire broke out in one of our properties in Milton. This also caused extensive smoke damage to a neighbouring property. We are very happy to report that there has been no loss of human life or injuries suffered.  However, we understand that, sadly, two pets perished. 

We are now working to help both families involved, and to ensure that they are rehoused as soon as possible.

We are also working closely with the fire service to identify the cause. The safety of our customers, and all members of the communities we serve, is our priority. We encourage everyone to be fire aware and adopt good practice at home.

The fire brigade offers free house-by-house safety checks, which can help you prevent fires in your home. To find out more, visit: http://www.firescotland.gov.uk/your-safety/for-householders/home-fire-safety-visit.aspx

Add a comment

Your email address will not appear on the site
(Tick to hide your name when this comment appears on the site)

Please complete the simple addition. We ask you to do so to stop people setting up automated requests

Please wait...

Was this information helpful?