Salmon Curry: Quick and Easy
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500g salmon fillet (skin off)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 or 2 hot red chillies (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 300ml coconut milk
- rice to serve with
- fresh coriander (optional)
- Add onion to heated oil in a large sauté pan to soften and colour slightly.
- Chop salmon into thick cubes.
- Add dried spices and chilli to onion and fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and tamarind paste and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Turn heat up, add salmon and coconut milk and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice and sprinkle coriander leaves over, if using.
- Fish, Main Course, Quick and Easy