Cheesy Ham and Broccoli Pasta: Quick and Easy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients: serves 4
- 300g / 11oz pasta
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or garlic paste)
- 250g / 9oz ham (slices of packet ham will do) cut into pieces / chunks
- 300ml pot of double cream, or crème fraîche (soured cream) to cut the calories a bit
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 140g / 5oz mature cheddar, grated
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta following the pack's instructions.
- Add the broccoli florets to the pan for the final four minutes (if your pasta is fresh, just cook both together).
- Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes to soften, then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in the ham, cream / crème fraîche and mustard, then bring to the boil.
- Add the pasta and broccoli, then stir in the cheese, coating everything in the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Main Course, Pork, Quick and Easy